Join Howard Philips, a retired professor in UCT’s History Department and the author of UCT 1918-1948: The Formative Years, for a guided walk through the historic buildings of the UCT Upper Campus.
After a stop for refreshments at the Campus coffee shop (for your own account) we will be treated to a walkabout in the Reading Room followed by an explanation of the Special Collections holdings in the Kipling Room.
- NOTE: Be warned it is quite a steep climb but we will take it slowly! Meet: At the Summer House.
- Thursday 4 July 2019 at 09:30. .
- Directions: From Main Road Rondebosch turn into Grotto Road on the mountain side. Drive up to Lover’s Walk, the first crossroad, and turn right, then take the first left into Stanley Road. Go right to the top and find parking. The Summer House is on the right, just below the Highway.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- R95.00pp. Limited to 20 persons. No wheelchair access.
- Organiser: Ian Pretorius (083 718 1984).
- You are very welcome to invite guests. Non-members pay an additional R25 per person.
- Please contact us, preferably by email, should you be interested in attending: simonVDStel@outlook.com
- Banking details: ABSA Wynberg Branch Code 632005. Account 38019980011 Savings Account Simon van der Stel Foundation. Please state your name in reference column.