There are very few places on earth where rocks of the Archaean period are visible but in Barberton they are right next to the road! These are ancient rock formations dating back over 3 billion years!
The tour will be be led by Tony Ferrar, planner involved in the Geotrail and World Heritage Site. There will also be a presentation by world renowned geologist Morris Viljoen titled 'Komatiite - Very Old, Very Hot and Very Significant'.
- Date: Sat 20 October 2018 09h00 - 13h45
- Venue: Meet at the Barberton Museum
- This tour forms part of the 2018 HASA Symposium. Click here for the full programme.
- Contact Marjorie for more details and to book - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost R125.00 per person (includes guide and minibus transport) or R40.00 pp (includes guide but using own transport)
- Packed lunch available at R65.00 pp