Alison Orpen

The Stations of the Cross Sculptures in the St Andrew’s School for Girls’ Chapel were a donation from the Matric Class of 1978. The fourteen sculptures depict events in the Passion of Christ, from His condemnation to death to His entombment. Prayerful meditation using the Stations of the Cross through the period of Lent is traditional in many Christian churches.

The sculptures were originally in the Nuns’ Chapel of the Kensington Sanatorium, built in 1897.

 

Subscribe to Alison Orpen