Visit two historic and iconic Constantia Hotels. Enjoy an elegant scone and tea/coffee at the Alphen where Bea Law will talk on the history of Alphen, the family history and the buildings. We will also view some hotel rooms. We then go on to Hohenhort Hotel where we meet at the entrance to the old house. We will tour the hotel to view some rooms, the new villa and gardens. This will follow by drinks and snacks in the Cellars breakfast room facing the garden. Bea Law will give a talk on the history of the Spilhaus family who's home this use to be.
- Date: Saturday 11 May 2019 at 09:30.
- Price: R550pp tea, coffee & scones and drinks & snacks included.
- Meet: in front of the old double storey Main House at Alphen.
- Directions: Take Alphen Drive off Constantia Main Rd, turn left into Pieter Cloete Ave and immediately left at the gate of Alphen.
- Duration: 5 hours.
- Contact Pat by email, should you be interested in attending - firstname.lastname@example.org