The Fish Hoek Valley Museum's Educational Wing and its team of professional partners offer the below-mentioned CAPS compliant talks and walks to school and adult groups. Note that as the museum is very small, groups of 8 pax at a time can be handled comfortably. Sessions are compact ie generally 2 to 3 hours in duration.
Although the train is an option for some, groups are advised to use their own motor transport when a field trip/walk is included/requested.
- Peers Cave- Middle and Stone Age Man; Fish Hoek Man: dress; food sources; implements and weapons (kindly note that walks to Peers Cave are cancelled for the time being).
- The geology of the Fish Hoek Valley (a talk that includes a field visit to selected sites).
- Elsies Peak (a talk that may include a walk up the mountain to the old quarry).
Historical Fish Hoek
- Fish Hoek in the late 1600s/early 1700s.
- A Walk of Historical Fish Hoek Valley.
- Places of Worship Trail (a visit to selected places of worship).
- Fish Hoek's global legends viz Bobby Locke and Mrs HS Ball (includes a visit to selected sites).
- A Visit to the Trek Fishermen.
- View Whaling Era Artefacts on Jager Walk.
- Architecture - Fish Hoek's Oldest Buildings.
- Groups led by tourist guides: R10 pp; complimentary entrance for the guide.
- School groups accompanied by educators and parents: a single donation paid in advance.
- Adults: R10 pp.
- Unaccompanied learners: R5 pp.
The venue and start point is Fish Hoek Valley Museum on Central Circle, Fish Hoek.
To book or enquire, please contact the museum curator well in advance on email@example.com