Join us on a bus tour of many of Hartbeespoort’s cultural sites. The day starts with a presentation at Meerhof Lodge about several sites around the dam and then an excursion to some of these sites. We will be visiting sites like Saartjiesnek Cross / Schoeman family, Prellar House / family and Eugene Marais, Magalies Iron bridge and Sappers, Kruger family and Rietfontein Cemetery.
The Magaliesberg Association for Culture and Heritage have over 200 followers spread over Gauteng and North West, and their focus includes education of the public on the Greater Magaliesberg Heritage, preservation of known heritage sites and establishment of new heritage sites.
- Date: Sunday, 17 March 2019
- Time: 08:30 for coffee at Meerhof Lodge and to meet MACH members, presentation starts at 09:00 sharp!
- Meet at: Meerhof Lodge, 1 Dr Kolbe Ave, Meerhof, Hartbeespoort (Directions will be supplied).
- Note: This is a coach tour that starts from Meerhof Lodge
- Lunch: Food and refreshments can be consumed on the bus (bring your own picnic basket) or they can be bought at your own cost at en-route stops.
- Bring: Hat, water bottle, walking shoes, sunblock, rain gear Return to Meerhof Lodge: 17:00
- Charge: R250 for members, non-members R300
- Booking is essential: Contact Anne Raeburn firstname.lastname@example.org or 083 455 4151 Places will only be confirmed once payment has been received.
- A maximum of 30 members can participate in this outing
Louise Mackechnie | Chairperson Archaeological Society of South Africa (Northern Branch)